Welcome to My Usborne Books & More Site!
Here you will find all kinds of resources for the world-famous Usborne & Kane Miller children’s books. We have helpful, in-depth book reviews, suggested book videos & buying guides to help you find the perfect book and more! You will also find our famous complimenting craft ideas, featuring one Usborne book and a related craft to do with your little one after you read! I personally have witnessed the power of these amazing books and how they are able to engage my little ones in learning, and I know you will love them just as much as I do!
Here you can see an archive of our book crafts. Each craft is designed to help solidify understanding of the concepts presented in the book.
Get access to our exclusive craft kits featuring one book and all the materials to complete a related craft designed to solidify the concepts in the book!
Check out our YouTube Channel with tons of book reviews, related crafts and information on the different types of Usborne Books!
View the Catalog
Take a look at or download our awesome Usborne & Kane Miller Catalog!
Host a Party
Find out how you can earn free books by partying on Facebook in your pajamas!
Shop my Usborne Books & More Store. Join a party, or purchase something just for you!
About Usborne Books & More
What Makes Our Books S0 Great?
- Double Page Spreads: The majority of our books offer large pictures spanning across both pages. Visual imagery is a powerful tool for learning. Research has shown that we learn and retain more visual information than we do words. Usborne and Kane Miller books offer a large word to photo ratio – meaning there are a lot of pictures compared to the amount of text on a page. This helps children retain the information on the page!
- Unlimited Activities: Have you seen the activities section of our catalog? It’s huge! We have sticker books, drawing books, children’s cookbooks, coloring books, learn to write books, numbers books, counting books, paper planes, lift the flap books, soft books, noise books… you get the idea! There’s a book for almost any activity you would want to teach your child. This is just another way to help reinforce learning. Using multiple senses – touch, sight, sound – creates a more engaging learning experience and helps children retain more information from their books!
- Cutting Edge Technology: We have two different ways our books incorporate technology; QR codes and Internet Referenced Books. A lot of our non-fiction books have one or the other linked to them. The QR codes are great! Kids can scan the QR codes on the page with a phone or tablet and pull up videos, pictures and additional information on that topic. The same goes for the Internet Referenced books. Kids can pull the internet sites up on the computer and interact more with the subject. Usborne goes through every site to make sure they are safe for young children. Parents can give their kids access to the websites knowing that they won’t come across anything they wouldn’t want their children seeing.
- Knowledge in Bite-Sized Chunks: Children learn better when they get little bits of information at a time instead of a lot of information all at once. Usborne has perfected this type of learning! All of our non-fiction and young children’s books offer small bits of information at a time. Allowing the child to soak it in before moving on to new information.
- Step-by-Step Instructions: Many of our books offer step by step instruction to learning. We offer children’s cookbooks, learning to write books, drawing books, and more that all provide simple step-by-step instructions to learning.
About The Company
Usborne Publishing, founded in 1973 by Peter Usborne, revolutionized children’s publishing with information books that combined very educational and editorial standards – and finding out fun. Within months of first publication, Usborne books were a major international success. Usborne Publishing has grown into one of the worlds leading publishers of non-fiction for children with translations in over 40 languages, as well as having own the Times Educational Supplement Information Book Award.
Usborne Books & More is a division of Educational Development Corporation (EDC), a well-established company that has twice been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of The 200 Best Small Companies in America and three times by Fortune Magazine as one of America’s 100 Fastest Growing Small Companies, and has been in existence for over 30 years.
On March 1, 1989, the direct selling division was created to concentrate exclusively on selling Usborne books. In late 2008, EDC acquired Kane Miller Publishing, an internationally known publisher of children’s books with over 20 years in the industry.
Today, Usborne Books & More distributes books through thousands of independent consultants who sell directly to the consumer via home shows, Facebook Parties, direct sales, book fairs, and websites.
Discover Usborne & Kane Miller:
Usborne and Kane Miller books are the most exciting, engaging, and educational books on the market today. They are high-quality, innovative, lavishly-illustrated, and best of all, they are the books kids love to read. Choose from over 1,800 bright, colorful, and fun titles covering a wide variety of subjects.
More than 30 years ago, Peter Usborne pioneered a new generation of books that prove that it is possible to create books that compete with the vast media that attracts children today. From activity books to neat fiction series, to internet-linked science and history encyclopedias, Usborne does books better.
The remarkable success of Usborne Books derives from the simple idea that it is possible, without any sacrifice of quality, to produce non-fiction books as interesting and entertaining as television, magazines, and comics — media that most children instinctively prefer. We compete with those “friendly” media in a number of ways, many of them unique to Usborne Publishing.
First, and most important, we spend an enormous amount of time and money producing every single one of our books. This investment is essential for researching, visualizing and illustrating often very difficult subjects, such as computers, biology or typography, in a really simple and appealing way – without losing detail or accuracy. In addition, we use a number of other ingredients to make our books appealing to children: humor whenever possible; a remarkably wide variety of illustration styles (including photography), a high ratio of pictures to text; short magazine-like paperback formats; tremendous detail; and a totally clear, simple but un-patrionizing text. We never, never talk down to children.
Kane Miller has published award-winning children’s books from around the world for more than 25 years. They bring to life fantastic fiction stories for older readers and wonderful multicultural picture book stories for younger readers. All of these are stories that will make you smile, think, cry, or laugh ‘til you have tears in your eyes.
The growth in sales of Usborne books in the last few years has been quite remarkable, helped by a rapidly increasing concern among parents to support the education of their children by providing stimulating and interesting books at home. It is becoming more and more widely accepted that the presence and ownership of books at home is one of the key factors linked to success at school. Many more teachers now accept that parents can, and should, play an important role in helping with children’s education.
The combination of Usborne and Kane Miller books enables Usborne Books & More to offer you one of the most creative and original book lines in the United States.
Join My Team
Earn Income, Build A Huge Home Library and Promote Literacy! With Usborne Books you can earn money while working a flexible schedule. No sales quota and no inventory required.
There are few gifts better than giving your child the gift of loving to read. Whether they love it or hate it now, something magical happens when you find something that they connect with. Usborne Books and More provides books that are engaging and encourage them to love learning – without even realizing they are reading. This is what I love about being an Usborne Books & More Consultant. Reading is a great way to connect with your kids! You don’t need to be an educator, buy expensive toys our scour Pinterest to find activities to engage your children. You don’t even need a huge library of books! All you need is a few good books – and you can begin with a consultant kit full of books at half the cost!
Why Join My Team
We Have No Minimums!
No if’s and’s, or buts about it. ZERO! There is absolutely no commitment necessary to get the discounted books in the consultant kit and give it a shot! Plus you’ll get 25% back on any purchase you make on books for yourself or any books you sell to others from that point on!
In addition to the books, you’ll get 6 months of your own personal online store. You’ll earn your 25% commission on any books purchased on that site and there’s no upkeep. Usborne fills the orders for you. If you decide to continue selling through the website, you pay just $8 per month to keep it running. That’s very little when you’re receiving your commission plus many other promotions and incentives along the way.
What Does An Usborne Consultant Do?
Do you just want to build your own home library? Do you want to just try it out for a season and see how it fits with your family and lifestyle? Or do you want to earn enough to go on a family vacation? Or to be able to bless your child’s preschool or another organization with free books? Do you want to find a career that allows you the flexibility and freedom to stay home with your family? Or just earn some extra income to help your family! Do you want to make new friends and join a fantastic team? We need consultants of all kinds and we can’t wait to work with you!
Where Would I Sell Usborne & Kane Miller Books?
This is your business and it’s up to you where and how you would want to sell. What sets Usborne Books & More apart from other direct selling companies is the many marketing opportunities available to you, including;
- Facebook Parties/Home Parties.
- Catalog Show
- Schools & Libraries – we have multiple programs available to sell to schools and libraries including Reach for the Stars Fundraiser, Literacy for a Lifetime and Book Fairs.
- Personalized Website
- Cards for a Cause Fundraiser
- Vendor Booths
Most consultants start with facebook parties – they are informal, informative and fun! A host invites his/her friends via Facebook to join us at the same time on a special group page on Facebook and everyone has fun just hanging out and chatting with their guests, sharing favorite books and playing games. Everyone has a great time from their separate computers, hanging out in their pajamas! This is a fantastic way to for our hosts to connect while still being able to stay home with their little ones! There’s very little to do for the hostess, and they gain so much in rewards. Plus you make your commission! It’s a win-win.
Our Amazing Product Line
We proudly offer an incredible variety of Usborne and Cane Miller fiction and non-fiction books in all age ranges and subjects, and while our focus is books, we also carry and an amazing array of boxed activity cards.
Usborne books are written with humor and surprise in an easy to read and retain format. The magic of Usborne books is that they make reading and learning fun, never boring or intimidating. Usborne books are designed graphically to draw readers in, to make them want to learn the material and to help them retain that knowledge. With outstanding illustrations and pictures, they are irresistible to all ages.
Kane Miller has published award-winning children’s books from around the world for more than 25 years. They bring to life fantastic fiction stories for older readers and wonderful multicultural picture book stories for young readers. All of these are stories that will make you smile, think, cry or laugh ’til you have tears in your eyes.
The combination of Usborne and Kane Miller books enables Usborne Books & More to offer one of the most creative and original book lines in the United States.
Building A Career with Usborne Books & More
Each of us has a different vision for a home business, which may change as our families grow. Do you want to pay for a new van or house, get great books for your family, meet new people who also value children and education, or build your leadership skills and your income as a Team Leader? Whatever your business goals, Usborne Books & More can help you reach them!
Earn Extra Money!
Have Fun and Meet New People!
Enjoy New Books
Help Motivate Children to Read!
Benefits with Usborne Books & More
- Be proud of what you do
- Help families and schools access our outstanding books
- Take advantage of unlimited income potential
- Work from home around your family’s schedule
- Set your own hours
- Enjoy generous rewards and recognition
- Receive ongoing training and support
- Experience personal growth while meeting new challenges
- Build an incredible home library
- Earn free luxury vacations.
Get The Help You Need to Succeed
All “Dream Team” consultants receive:
- Access to our team members only training website with tons of information to help you get to know the ins and outs of your new business.
- Email and Video Training.
- Exclusive documents, flyers, graphics and more.
- 2x per month live, in-depth training on every Usborne Topic (optional, not required).
- Access to our exclusive Facebook Group
- Ongoing support through Facebook, Messenger, and phone
- All Usborne Consultants receive 24/7 access to the Usborne Online Consultant Back Office with tons of resources including flyers, a huge training library, helpful business tools and downloadable marketing materials.
Joining my team is easy!
- Select your starter kit from the two options listed here: Usborne New Consultant Starter Kits. Both kits include everything you need to get your business up and running – including your own personal website!
- Fill out the Online Application here: New Consultant Application
- Within 48 hours you will receive a welcome email from me with everything you need to get started – including access to our VIP Facebook group and the “Dream Team” training website!